The athletics’ selection policy for the 6th Commonwealth Youth Games has been published by the St. Kitts & Nevis Commonwealth Games Association (SKNCGA).
The qualification criteria outlines the standards and requirements that athletes must fulfill in order to represent the Federation at the Games, which will take place in Nassau Bahamas. The Commonwealth Youth Games occurs every two years and caters to athletes aged 16 and 17 years. This year’s edition is scheduled for July 19th – 23rd. The selection window began on October 1, 2016 and athletes have until 30th June 2017 to achieve the standards.
This will be the fourth time that St. Kitts and Nevis has participated in the Commonwealth Youth Games having attended in 2008 in India, in 2011 in Isles of Man and in 2015 in Samoa.
Below are the qualification standards for Athletics published within the St. Kitts-Nevis Team Selection Policy:
ST KITTS AND NEVIS Commonwealth Games Association (SKNCGA)
6th Commonwealth Youth Games Qualifying Standards
Nassau, Bahamas 19th – 23rd July 2017
|U-18 Boys||U-18 Girls|
|13.68s||100mH (0.914m) / 110mH (0.762m)||13.80s|
|53.65s||400mH (0.838m) / 400mH (0.762m)||1:03.00|
|16.52m (5kg)||Shot Put||14.44m (3kg)|
|49.52m (1.5kg)||Discus Throw||42.26m (1kg)|
|62.94m (700gr)||Javelin Throw||43.06m (500g)|
|41.70s||4 x 100m||46.65s|
|3:17.00||4 x 400m||3:49.00|
|xxxxx||Decathlon Youth/Heptathlon Youth||xxxxx|
St Kitts and Nevis Commonwealth Games Association (SKNCGA)
Commonwealth Youth Games 2017
Development Team Criteria
- Must be a citizen of St Christopher and Nevis/St Kitts and Nevis
- Must possess a valid St Christopher and Nevis passport.
- Must be an athlete of and in good standing with a member National Sporting Association of the St Kitts and Nevis Commonwealth Games Association (SKNCGA) by way of their clubs and affiliates.
- Date of birth must fall in the period: years 2000 -2001 inclusive.
- Must have participated in the Member National Federation’s 2016 National Youth and or Junior Championships, the SKNCGA 2017 Commonwealth Youth Games Trials, and any other qualifying competitions stipulated by the SKNCGA and its Member National Federations or exempted from these requirements by the SKNCGA Executive.
- Tier 1 Athletes: Qualifiers and or finalists at major regional and international youth competitions.
- Tier 2 Athletes: Those talented athletes with a very good track record in their respective sport and recommended for inclusion by the SKNCGA Technical Committee.
Performances must be achieved during an official competition organized in conformity with the rules and regulations of the IAAF.
All performances must be achieved during competitions organized or sanctioned by the IAAF, its Area Associations and its National Federations.
Thus results achieved at club, university or school competitions must be certified y he National Federation of the country in which the competition was organized.
To be eligible for selection, athletes must participate in the SKNAAA 2017 National Track and Field Championships.
Qualified athletes must also demonstrate and maintain a level of fitness that will be required of them to participate at this level of competition and therefore will agree to undergo a physical by an SKNCGA appointed doctor for final selection.
The SKNCGA Executive through its Technical Committee reserves the right to determine the final team size and participants, all of whom must sign the SKNCGA’s Team Code of conduct and its Participation Contract for final selection.
Details outlining the selection policy for the sport of Boxing will be made available in the coming weeks.